“If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write.” Martin Luther

Monday, March 12, 2012

Inadequate Words

Lord, how can I write my thoughts on you?
Inadequate they are through and through.
How can I show my love in a poem such as this?
When every word is but a speckle in a great abyss?

In a fragmented life you are the greatest part,
How can I convey this with words or in art?
I cannot, I must admit, my precious Lord,
Convey how deeply in this life you’re adored.

In a poem I cannot reasonably articulate your priceless gift,
Between my heart and my pen there is a rift.
Your condescending love came with such a great price
So in awe I merely thank you for your Son Jesus Christ.

In wonder I stand amazed that a man such as I
Would be pardoned his sin and his destruction passed by,
I love you, I thank you, I Kiss the Son,
My words are a sacrifice for the omnipotent One.

Happily I am…

Grateful for gracious giving of grace,
Omnipresent occupier of time and of space,
Delivering daily the damned from their sin,
Saving the wretched, like me, from the state they are in.

(Based on Ps. 2:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment